[blindlaw] Canada has no Federal disability Act, so please help us hold our Government to Account

Blind Literacy blindliteracy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 16:55:12 UTC 2010

Hello friends and colleagues,

We are calling upon the Government of Canada to ensure that all
information and services offered through Federal Government websites
be made to comply with WCAG 2.0 guidelines by December 31, 2010.

Please copy and paste the <links> below into your internet browser.

Take action today by signing our online petition at:
<http://www.PetitionOnline.com/GCWAP/petition.html>

You can read more about our campaign and join us on Facebook at:
<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=359483366688>

You can also send your support by email to:
<blind.equality at gmail.com>

Please share this with your friends, colleagues, and supporters of
e-accessibility.  Accessible websites mean stronger communities and
healthier economies!

_______________

Quick Facts:

+ Over 800,000 Canadians have seeing limitations that require accommodations.
+ If a website is not accessible, then to a blind person, it does not exist.
+ Government of Canada websites fail simple accessibility compliance tests.
+ Offenders include many major Federal departments, including Canada's
largest employer, the Public Service Commission

Help us Support Donna Jodhan in her Charter challenge against the
Attorney General of Canada, scheduled for May 19-21, 2010!

Best regards,
Derek Wilson