[blindlaw] Pimp My Cane

E.J. Zufelt lists at zufelt.ca
Sun Mar 28 11:22:39 UTC 2010

Good morning,

In Ontario the white cane is standard, and is arguably reflective in poor lighting.  As a matter of fact, it is a provincial offence to use a white cane in Ontario if you're not blind.  Part of the Blind Persons Rights Act (a piece of legislation with which I completely disagree).

Restriction on use of white cane

3.  No person, other than a blind person, shall carry or use a cane or walking stick, the major part of which is white, in any public place, public thoroughfare
or public conveyance. R.S.O. 1990, c. B.7, s. 3.

Thanks,
Everett Zufelt
http://zufelt.ca

Follow me on Twitter