[blindlaw] Pimp My Cane

AZNOR99 at aol.com AZNOR99 at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 20:47:53 UTC 2010

Hi Joe,

How are you?  Well, I  hope.

I was very amused in reading your post about pimping your cane.  I
honestly don't know the answer to your question.  However, I suspect that,  given
that most state laws about canes for blind people reference the "white  cane"
specifically, you might come across someone who will try to claim the laws
don't apply to you.  You also might confuse people.

However, I suggest you reach out to two Federationists who've used
different colored canes.  Stacy Servenka had a really awesome pink cane a  few
years back.  Mazen Istanbuli, a professor from Illinois, actually had a
gold-plated cane.

Let me know what you figure out - I'm thinking of dying my own lavender and
 adding really girly sparkles.  If nothing else, it'll prevent people from
"accidentally" walking away with my cane at Conventions.

Regards,
Ronza

In a message dated 3/28/2010 4:07:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,