[blindlaw] Pimp My Cane

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Mon Mar 29 04:01:42 UTC 2010

Hello Ronza:

You wrote in part:

"we've been folding money and using other nonvisual techniques for
literally
centuries, and it's worked just fine."

Then I wonder why the idea of using a money identifier is not frowned upon
by the NFB?  I'd certainly like to be able to identify the paper dollar bill
without having to fold it.  This is so true in a commercial environment
where I am running a retail store and where customers DO NOT have the time
or patience to wait for me to fold the bill a certain way as it is handed to
me.  I hope the Treasury Department implements the court's orders pretty
quick; otherwise, when my dollar bill identifier packs up, I will be in real
trouble at my retail store.  Making it easy to identify the paper dollar
bill saves me time; I will NO LONGER have to send my equipment in for
recalibration when the fine prints on the paper bill are changed.

As for a cane with different colors, I've often tinkered with that prospect.
As my Holy Book tells me, "Law is made for man and not the other way around"
sorry my paraphrase may be a bit out of whack, but you get the idea!  I am
of the opinion that the law that COMPELS ME to carry a white cane needs
close scrutiny and perhaps there are aspects of it pleading for a joyous
change!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado