[blindlaw] FW: KNFB READER, AnyoneUsingIt?

denise avant dravant at ameritech.net
Sun May 9 22:55:37 UTC 2010

Hello,
I have a knfb reader. Sometimes, when you go to conferences, there are
unexpected handouts that need to be read. If you had a reader, you could
snap the picture, and have it in real time along with your sighted
colleagues.
If you're traveling to a hotel because of a conference, and don't have
sighted assistance in your room, you use the mobile reader to find out what
print materials are there.
These are job related activities. Why should you have to hunt down someone
to read to you on the spot if there is a portable solution that can help?
The braillenote, which I have is good, but it cannot substitute when you
need material read to you on the spot.