[blindlaw] KNFB READER, AnyoneUsingIt?

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Mon May 10 19:35:17 UTC 2010

Hello Roger:

If you are at a conference and there is a need for you to be able to
identify paper money, it is my understanding that the KNFB Reader will work
for this purpose as well.  I don't have the reader and as such I can't put
it through its paces in this regard.  However, I've read on other mailing
lists that folks have been able to use it to identify paper money and even
their hotel room numbers.

There are other similar technologies competing with the KNFB Reader.  One is
the BeyoCBS Reader from Britain.  I've NOT READ ANY GOOD REVIEWS on it
though.  I don't recall the name of the third competitor, but, I do recall
that it is a reader that sends info to a server of some kind.  In that wise,
it is NOT AS ROBUST as the KNFB Reader me thinks.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Coloradodo