[blindlaw] Blind solo practitioners?

Andrew Webb awebb2168 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 2 21:33:02 UTC 2010

Hello -

I recently took the California Bar Exam, and while I'm still waiting on the
results, I'm trying to do as much "market research" as I can in order to
appreciate the realities of practice for blind lawyers.  I've spoken to a
number of blind attorneys who work in government, which seems to be a very
popular choice.  On the other hand, it appears to me that very, very few
blind attorneys are employed at large firms.  What I'm wondering at this
point is whether there are many blind attorneys who practice either solo or
n small firms.  It seems to me that I have seen some postings on this list
by sole practitioners, but I am not personally acquainted with anyone
meeting that description.  If any of you on this list practices solo or in a
small office, and would be willing to discuss with me your impressions and
experiences, I'd be most interested to hear from you.  I'm especially keen
to hear about any particular advantages or drawbacks to working blind in
this sort of practice, as well as "tricks of the trade" that you employ to
get your work done.    If you're willing to discuss, please send me a
message offline at awebb2168 at hotmail.com.

Thanks very much.

Andrew Webb