[blindlaw] Technology Help with Voir Dire

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Mon Nov 8 20:36:30 UTC 2010

You wouldn't need JAWS with Apple products since its voice output program is built in. You could use a keyboard bluetoothed to an Eye Phone. I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think this would really solve the problem, since you're still going to have something talking while you are. Now some of us can talk and listen simultaneously, and some can't.

A couple of ideas though, and use them if they're helpful. Use a rating scale for each juror. Put it into Excel or a database, and then sort for the characteristics you want, using the values of the scale. Something as simple as a Lickert scale on each of several attributes would work. I'd be very surprised if such a rating system doesn't already exist.