[blindlaw] blind attorneys

James Weisberg jimi-law at dc.rr.com
Fri Nov 19 03:12:45 UTC 2010

You Dennis are an obviously insightful individual.  I agree one-hundred
percent with your post!!  I have found that I have been able to litigate
more than a hundred bench trials, a dozen jury trials and several matters on
the state appellate level despite my peers prejudices.  I even learned right
away if I put retirement age women in the jury pool my yellow lab guide dog
has more influence than any testimony I could possibly elicit!!  FACT.  I
have always been very successful though will admit to the rare loss (a true
benefit to being able to select your cases because you do pro bono work!).
I currently am applying for government work and still maintain that is the
place to search, the private sector is just too difficult to "roll the dice"
on considering the cost and effort a law degree requires.  Although I do
have to admit I had opened my own practice after law school (you know where
you charge client's for your services - found a perfect market; i.e., no
attorneys for hours but alas it was all lost in a divorce!)  Since then I'm
Mr. Pro Bono . . . Sonny's distance cousin.