[blindlaw] blind attorneys

clucas at disabilitypride.com clucas at disabilitypride.com
Tue Nov 23 19:36:55 UTC 2010

I have found this thread to be interesting. I am statutorily blind, deaf and have a severe physical disability. I had a job coming out of law school, but recently had to stop working for pay and now volunteer.  This is due to my physical disability and my need for attendant care.

I don't think the unemployment rate for blind attorneys is any higher than that for attorneys with severe physical disabilities.

Someone posted about the costs of trying to practice within SGA.  This really is not difficult. Most of the costs listed would be work expenses. The individual would simply need to incorporate to have most of those costs covered by the business entity.

Carrie Ann Lucas
Sent on the Now Network™ from my Sprint® BlackBerry