[blindlaw] Priority Registration for Law Students with Disabilities

Johnston withat at msn.com
Wed Nov 24 14:47:20 UTC 2010

Hi Nora,

Lewis & Clark Law School in Portland is as accommodating as anyone could
hope.  I don't think it's technically called priority registration, but they
will make sure you are put in the classes you need.  It is a small enough
school that they deal with students with specific needs on an individual
basis.  They will also reserve a spot in the classroom that is most
accommodating of your eyesight (front row, whatever), and their disability
resource center is absolutely fantastic at timely converting texts into
alternative format.  They will even pay for a fellow student to
(anonymously) take and provide you class notes.  Extra time on exams is not
an issue at all.  I couldn't give them a higher recommendation.

Good luck!

Jay