[blindlaw] stores for the blind in the D.C. Metro area?

AZNOR99 at aol.com AZNOR99 at aol.com
Sun Oct 31 22:09:50 UTC 2010

The NFB Independence Market is open from 8-5 Mon-Fri for walk-ins as well
as by appointment in certain circumstances.  In addition, you can purchase
items from there via the internet by visiting _www.nfb.org_
(http://www.nfb.org)  or by phone by calling  410-659-9314.  My Agency has actually switched
to the Independence Market  as our sole provider for Braille paper, 20/20
pens, and many other items our  staff uses.  If you ask them to ship the
item, it usually departs that same  day and arrives quickly.  My experience with
other distributors such as the  Columbia Lighthouse and the Iowa Commission
is that it takes about a week for  them to process the request and another
week for it to arrive.

Good luck.

In a message dated 10/31/2010 12:27:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,