[blindlaw] Microsoft built-in screenreader and anti-competition

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Sep 4 16:50:09 UTC 2010

I can remember back in 1995 at an "accessibility summit" held at Microsoft
HQ (ironically, held just after W95 was released -- you should have seen the
way one of the buildings was trashed from the party!), many blind Europeans
in attendance actually wanted Microsoft to build its own screen-reader; it
was we Americans that expressed doubts. Wonder if blind Europeans still feel
that way or whether the anti-corporate feelings in some countries over there
has rubbed off on them?

Mike