[blindlaw] UpDate on Linkedin website:

E.J. Zufelt lists at zufelt.ca
Sat Sep 11 22:42:02 UTC 2010

I have to agree here.  In canada we have the concept of reasonable accommodation, providing a reasonable accommodation cannot be an undue burden on the respondent in a human rights action.

So, if a site were only making an audio, or only a visual, CAPTCHA available, I would argue that they should make both available as a reasonable accommodation.  This would likely not be an undue burden.  However, ensuring that their security mechanism works for * all * Internet users, and still provides security, is impossible. Therefore, it would, in my opinion, constitute an undue burden.

HTH,
Everett Zufelt
http://zufelt.ca

Follow me on Twitter