[blindlaw] What kinds of questions can you ask on this list?

Blaine Deutscher b.m.deutscher at sasktel.net
Wed Sep 15 14:15:10 UTC 2010

Hello there.

I was wondering what kinds of questions a person can ask on this list? I
know people don't want to give free legal advice but if it's a one answer
question like I'd seek a lawyer or I think you might have a good case on
your hands then what kinds of questions can you ask on here? The last
sinario that I sent, after looking it over, had a lot of open ended areas.
the original question, this was in a Canadian Law class but would be
interesting to find out a little about how other states do things if there
is a website that can give me general laws about their state, or titles of
books that people can pick up to learn about different areas of the US Legal
system, I'd be interested in learning about them. the sinario that I wrote
in about was you and a friend are at a bar having a few drinks and being a
little foolish. You start by joking around and you start punching each
other, not full out but a playful come on give it to me attitude. As you're
doing this a police officer comes up and puts his hand on your shoulder and
says "Okay you've asked for it" and you turn around and punch him. Now there
are a few things that come up with this. did the bouncer or bar tender ask
you to stop previously giving you ample opportunity to stop playing around?
Why didn't the bouncer kick you and your friend out of the bar instead they
called the police right away? How much alcohol had you consumed? This is a
very interesting question as DUI's come up a lot in my age group, 18-25, so
I'm always curious with what my rights are if I'm ever that drunk that a
police officer has to be called. You dont' have to ansewr this just was
wondering what, in your state, would you be guilty and if there is any more
information needed to explain yourself if there is a website that I can read
up on it more that would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day, work hard
and play harder.

Blaine