[blindlaw] Attending law school via distance learning

gary melconian garymelc at msn.com
Fri Aug 5 23:52:56 UTC 2011

Hello I am not chuck but I can help you as well. It is
http://www.nwculaw.edu/
 . I have been in contact with a student who is blind who attends that  law
school and I am also considering it for the future. I am in the areas of tax
and accounting and finance . I don't think at the age of 40 it would be
practicle for me to go through the headaches of LSAT  and the headaches of
law school and not being able to  work while attending a traditional law
school and acquiring lots of loans in the process and not being sure if I
will be able to  match the amount of dollars spent for law school versus the
amount of dollars invested  in the field. Also the competitive nature of
looking for work in the area of law with younger folks then myself. I am
using jd to advance my career in my chosen field of accounting, finance, tax
and financial  planning which would be better utilized with a jd and law
license. I also plan on looking at the LLm which would give me credibility
in the eyes of the ABA in which my view you don't need a crediting body to
tell you are the best at what you do just do it to the best and you will be
happy in what you do  and how well you do it. Being in my field in which a
lot of people tell me ai don't belong since i  am a low vision person in a
fieled that  has lots of sighted competitors  but I prove them wrong every
day. So take a  look at the  link that I have posted in the  email and i
hope this helps you out.
Sincerely Yours:
Gary Melconian, MBA, CPA, and JD candidates
Mobile: 818-731-3949