[blindlaw] ongoing concerns regarding accessibility of Dept. of Education documents

Mark BurningHawk stone_troll at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 20 21:40:29 UTC 2011

Hi, list.

Every now and then, I bring this up, but I'm doing so again because I jut got off the phone with the Department of Education, regarding my student loans.  In my discussion with them, I pointed out that the PDF documents on their website, and the print forms and questionnaires they ask me to fill out are inaccessible to me; my blindness is total and, while I can scan print matter, I cannot insert data on the forms without sighted assistance.

In light of the recent decision that forces the SSA to make all its communications accessible to the totally blind, and in light of the fact that the Department of Education has repeatedly reported to the credit agencies regarding my account, and also regarding that my owed amount is now 20% larger than it started out being 22 years ago when the loan became active, is there something I can do legally about this, to force them to work more smoothly with me and accommodate my needs when communicating with me?
Thanks.

Mark BurningHawk
Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
Home:  Http://MarkBurningHawk.net/