[blindlaw] PDF files

William Burley mruniverse08 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 12:24:50 UTC 2011

This is true.  If you are in a firm that is scanning quite a bit, then they
have to make sure to "Scan to PDF" rather than "Scan to Image."  When they
scan as an image or .IMG file, that's when the inaccessibility comes in.  As
long as it's a .pDF, then you're fine.  I would suggest using Adobe 8.0 or
higher.  I use 8.0 at work simply for reading purposes and 9.0 Professional
for my personal use.  i like 9.0 because it will recognize a .jpg file by
recognizing the characters without having to print, re-scan and reading.

Chuck's right about the OCR technology.  Sometimes, the .IMG files can be
read by simply clicking to "Recognize with Kurzwilde."  It's a luck of the
draw with that one...especially with version 8.0.

Good luck on the PDF journey.

Will