[blindlaw] Private firms/Billable Hours

Kendrick Kennedy dricken at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 11:51:48 UTC 2011

Hello All,

As a 3L student at the University of Mississippi Law School and working at a
defense firm last summer. Could anyone comment on if they work at a firm
that uses the billable hour format and what techniques and equipment they
use in their office to make things more efficient completing their task?

I was told I do excellent work but because of my “Capability” and alterative
techniques I am not appealing to a firm that uses the billable hour system.
Therefore, I should apply for a government position or maybe a firm that is
plaintiff oriented.

--

Student Attorney
Kendrick R. Kennedy