[blindlaw] immigration question

Mike Gilmore m_b_gilmore at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 14:17:31 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I had someone come to me with a question about visas (of which I know nothing about.) The situation is this: A woman is an American citizen and wants to get her husband (an illegal) a visa. She is going to be under the care of a medical professional soon. She was told by an immigration attorney that her husband would have to return to his homeland for eight months to a year and would be able to come back due to the attorney obtaining a visa waiver because he (husband) is the only one who can help take care of the kids since she (wife) will be under medical care.

Anyway, I guess I was the "second opinion" so to speak. The attorney who told her this used to work for the feds so I don't know why I'm being asked. (I would think the attorney would know if anyone would.) Any assistance that any of you can give me would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike