[blindlaw] immigration question

AZNOR99 at aol.com AZNOR99 at aol.com
Sun Jun 19 00:30:19 UTC 2011

Be careful.  If he has a criminal background or has ever been in any
immigration procedings in the past, they may not approve his visa.  They  also
may choose not to renew his visa if he comes from a particular country with
whom the U.S. does not offer humanitarian visa waivers.  Finally, the 8-9
months is just an estimate; I've been aware of folks who've expected that and
have been now waiting 8-10 years.

I'd suggest that she contact USCIS directly to ask about her particular
circumstances.  There are also some situations when it's more appropriate  to
request political asylum (if warranted) rather than returning to the
original  country.  Finally, there are certain situations when it isn't necessary
to  leave the U.S. at all to apply for a greencard.  She can petition for an
I-130 for him (spouse's petition for permanent residency) and while he's in
 procedings, they can't deport him or anything.

Good luck.

Ronza

In a message dated 6/17/2011 10:54:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,