[blindlaw] Discriminating Signs

AZNOR99 at aol.com AZNOR99 at aol.com
Mon Sep 12 02:52:47 UTC 2011

I know of several who've done so in different places throughout the
country.  Some State Transportation Departments even subsidize the cost of  such
signs in the interest of promoting pedestrian and neighborhood  safety.  The
City has the ability and arguably the right to erect signs it  viewes are in
the public good.  We may disagree that this sort of sign is  for the good
of anyone, but others might have differing opinions.  Whether  such a sign is
legal is exactly at the heart of this discussion.

In a message dated 9/11/2011 10:45:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,