[blindlaw] Fw: [Flagdu] Concerns and Promblems with TSA in Norfolk Airport

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Fri Sep 16 21:30:40 UTC 2011

This sounds frighteningly similar to an experience I had in May, when we
connected through Sky Harbor (Phoenix, AZ).  The only exception is that
I have some limited (very limited) vision in my left eye and thus use a
white cane, rather than a guide dog.  It was a horrible experience,
simply horrendous.  I am hoping that it is not repeated at our next
trip, when we will be connecting through Denver.

I have the unfortunate feeling that many TSA agents are either NOT
trained in how to communicate with the public, particularly those with
vision or mobility loss, or that they simply do not care.  Litigation
may be the only way to get them to care.