[blindlaw] please support AB 2122 concerning the LSAT

Deepa Goraya deepa.goraya at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 06:01:37 UTC 2012

Hello,

The national Association of Law Students with Disabilities (NALSWD) wants to
alert you to an important bill moving through the California Legislature
that has incredible significance for students with disabilities entering law
school.  NALSWD has been very active with the California bill AB 2122, which
seeks to ensure LSAT accommodations and stop the flagging process.  This is
a very important bill, and if it passes in California, we hope other states
will follow.  Our VP, Nora Devine, testified at the AB 2122 Committee
Hearing and she has drafted a template letter.  Please click here
<http://nalswd.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4b9a395f0d4165f064b590b1e&i
d=a4b76316a8&e=fff8d6737e>  to download the letter, fill it out with your
own story, and send your letter by Monday, April 9, 2012, but no later than
April 16 (more details in the attached letter).  Thanks in advance for your
help with this issue!

You can find more information about the bill including the hearing testimony
here: http://www.calchannel.com/channel/viewVideo/3517
<http://nalswd.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4b9a395f0d4165f064b590b1e&i
d=19f27d290a&e=fff8d6737e> .  Testimony begins around 8:30.  The text of the
bill can be found here: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.
<http://nalswd.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=4b9a395f0d4165f064b590b1e&
id=e83bab4f21&e=fff8d6737e>
gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml;jsessionid=2f45db1d823e85da7ba0fa24f5a2?bill_
id=201120120AB2122.

Thanks,

Deepa