[blindlaw] jaws problem reading word templates

Gerard Sadlier gerard.sadlier at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 21:23:52 UTC 2012

hi all,
I'd be really grateful for any help you can give me with a problem I
am having with templates we use at work.
In the firm I work for, they use a document management system,
worksite. The templates letter, memo etc. Are integrated into this.
However they have been created inhouse.
the process you follow to make a new document is this.
You open a new document. You must immediately save it to work site,
before doing anything within the file.
To save it you enter a  file name, a description of the document the
name of the author etc. You save it to the appropriate work space.
You then fill in the fields for say address, salutation etc.
you then, and only then get a new document with info like address
already set out.

S here is my problem.

If I read the whole document using insert and up or down, it will read.
What it will not do  is read with the up or down key strokes. Nor with
right and left.
The problem is that I cannot navigate within the text I am writing to
edit or modify it.

I have never come across this behavior from jaws before.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it.
With apologies for cross posting.

Ger