[blindlaw] Re Witnessing documents as blind lawyer

Gerard Sadlier gerard.sadlier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 18:23:36 UTC 2012

Hi, thanks for this. My question though is what qualifications one
must have to be appointed as a notary, whether blind or sighted. In
Ireland, appointment is in practice restricted to very experienced and
senior solicitors.

On 8/1/12, ckrugman at sbcglobal.net <ckrugman at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> The following are links to sections of California Codes that address the
> duties and requirements of notaries. While nowhere in these requirements
> does it say that sight tis required there would be subsequent grounds to
> challenge the credibility of the notary.
>
> http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=7845697043+2+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve
> in the second link refer specifically to Section 1185 of the California
> Civil code
> http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=civ&group=01001-02000&file=1180-1207

>>> income.  However, as a blind attorney, I would challenge the
>>> authenticity