[blindlaw] law students seeking to use screen-reader on the bar exam?

Elizabeth Troutman elt15 at duke.edu
Mon Aug 6 17:18:52 UTC 2012

Hi All:

I am very happy to be a new member of this listserv,; I met a few folks at
the convention this year. I am a rising 2L at UNC Law.

I am looking for other law students who would like to use assistive
technology on the MBE and MPRE in the coming few years. I have learned that
securing such accommodations, particularly the use of screen-readers like
JAWS and ZoomText, has been difficult in the past. I am hoping to help those
folks already working on this issue to build a coalition of law students in
a variety of jurisdictions and increase pressure on the National Conference
of Bar Examiners. Feel free to send me an email personally (elt15 at duke.edu)
or reply to the group.

Many  thanks,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Troutman

JD/MPP Candidate

University of North Carolina School of Law

Duke University Sanford School of Public Policy

(704) 998-1772

elt15 at live.unc.edu

elt15 at duke.edu