[blindlaw] Signatures?

Ross Doerr rumpole at roadrunner.com
Mon Aug 20 21:14:35 UTC 2012

Hello Ger:
You can hear them referred to as raised line kits or signature guides.
For a description, a signature guide is the size and shape of a business
card and made of either metal or plastic. I carry a metal one in my wallet
and have made sure that the secretary kept a plastic one in her desk for
blind clients.
The guide has a rectangular window, lengthwise, cut into it, and when one
needs to sign, the guide is placed with the window over the signature line,
with one of the edges on the line itself.You simply sign your name inside
the window.
Of course a sighted person needs to place it for you, thats a downside, but
it is, after all, a sighted world we live in.
As far as my signature goes and whether it is accepted or not -- I've
practiced law since 1988 and never had it challenged. If you get right down
to it, who on earth could forge my terrible signature?
Don't get too worked up over being able to sign things.  It is what it is,
and they'll accept your signature.