[blindlaw] Reintro and question

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Thu Aug 23 18:23:27 UTC 2012

Hello Paul:

You wrote in part:

"Similarly, any
recommendations regarding accessible accounting software would
likewise be helpful."

Finding an accessible accounting software is a nightmare.  Peachtree
Complete Accounting may be one to look at.  It recently had a name change
and, I don't have access to my notes, but I am sure the new name will pop up
once you do a search via Google.

There's a gentleman who wrote a set of Jaws scripts for this software.  Give
me sometime and I'll post the info on the Jaws scripts here.  The license
for the Peachtree Complete Accounting Jaws scripts is tied to whatever
version of Jaws is installed on the purchaser's computer.

Another possible accounting software to look at is Accomplish Cash Manager
made by Accomplish Global from New Zealand.  Check their website at:

http://us.accomplishglobal.com/

They have quite a number of resellers in the United States as the company
has been trying to  drum up some business for itself around here.  Several
blind business owners use this software.  It is completely accessible to
both Jaws and Window-Eyes!!

Accomplish Cash Manager does not, if memory serves, support Time & Billing;
I think that Peachtree does although it may have to be a third party add-on
which may not necessarily be accessible.

You can download demo copies of both and give them a good tailspin before
making a purchase.  Hope this is somewhat helpful!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado