[blindlaw] child custody

Russ Thomas rthomas at emplmntattorney.com
Fri Dec 14 03:28:18 UTC 2012

That distinction is important. If the Court views the situation as requiring
some type of supervised visit, in my view the court is on thin ice -- why
would a blind person need to be supervised if a sighted person were not; if
the point is merely to provide a companion, or to have someone available if
assistance were needed, then the issue of discrimination is probably
avoided.