[blindlaw] child custody

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 15 00:23:02 UTC 2012

As a former social Worker another way to deal with this would be to go along
with the supervised visits for a period of time where the blind parent can
have an opportunity to prove himself and his skills as these visits are
monitored and the cases are reviewed by the court periodically. It is still
surprising but there are still many judges that will have concerns about
young children at the toddler stage having visits with their fathers that
are still unsupervised as the old stereotype still exists that young
children do best with their mothers. Another question is the reputation of
the judge handling the case as well as how family laws are handled in the
particular county. You also need to consider the pressure and negative
publicity that occurs against CPS agencies when mistakes occur and children
are victimized so in many cases they tend to proceed with caution. While
recognizing the rights of disabled parents has taken in some states like
California it probably hasn't been officially codified in other states.
Chuck Krugman MSW. Paralegal
1237 P Street
Fresno ca 93721
559-266-9237