[blindlaw] Seeking free advice Ohio Randolph Sheppard civl suit

Scott Cavna hopeing662 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 15 16:12:33 UTC 2012

Hello
    I know somone who went thru the Ohio Randolph Sheppard program. After training the state offered to put him into a facility with a history of failure. Not seeing many other options he took the state up on the offer.  Not surprisingly as a newbie he was unable to turn the business around.  The state is now taking him to court to recover the start-up inventory they had invested and was subsequently lost by the failing business.
   I'm sure it would be easy for some on this list to be critical of this guy for not being able to re-pay the vendors program.  However I respectfully suggest that it is easy to criticize when you don't have to walk in someone elses situation.
   Anyway legal aid won't help since it is a civil case, so this guy is going to attempt to take on the state in civil court by himself.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  We are attempting to use the argument that the state should be liable for the star-up inventory cost since they set-up the newbie vendor in a facility they knew was a failure.
    Apologize for the cross posting, But I will probably post this to the vendors list as well.
                   Thanks
      .