[blindlaw] Any Advice For or Experience of Working With Worksite Document Management System

Farber, Randy rfarber at jw.com
Thu Feb 9 04:20:07 UTC 2012

Gerard -

	There is much to learn about Worksite.  I think the most important items are:

1.	It is very customizable by each law firm.  Our law firm set it up based on client matter numbers.  Therefore, understanding the logic behind how it is set-up by your firm is important.

2.	Since it is in Outlook using Outlooks commands is sometimes useful.  For example, I use CTRL-Shift-V to file and re-file documents instead of dragging and dropping.

3.	Worksite is designed to drag and drop, so you need to find out the menu equivalents or keystroke equivalents.

4.	As always a memory never hurts.  Our implementation is not consistent between screens.  For example, you should clear a search screen before using it.  However, on some screens it is ALT-R on another it is ALT-C and I think ALT-L on another.

5.	As I mentioned earlier, the document grids are not ordered the way that works best for me, so we had to customize the grids for my use.

6.	Many of the input screens are HTML based so JAWS should read them.  However, we found that for some reason JAWS doesn't correctly read the screens.  So I have just remembered that the second time it asks me for the author, it is really asking me for the client number.  This should be fixable, but I can't seem to get my IT department to fix it.

7.	Finally, you will not be able to fix everything at once or even learn how to use it at first.  Take your time and learn a little at a time, and don't get frustrated.

I hope this helps,
Randy