[blindlaw] When do I act on my plan?

Rod Alcidonis, Esquire attorney at alcidonislaw.com
Wed Feb 29 20:07:28 UTC 2012

First, I would suggest that you get a high-ranking officer to support your
request, preferably another JAG. When you get to it, let me know and I will
try to help. I was trained on my school's trial team by two excellent JAG
guys, one is a criminal defense professor at my alma mater.
I think my former professor is very high-ranking.

Secondly, I would seek the support of your congressman and senator, via
submission of a strong and passionately written missive.

Thirdly, I would also write to the governor of your State.

Fourth, I would find a blind attorney who is currently working as a DA or a
U.S assistant DA, and kindly ask him/her for his support. There are some out
there.

Fifth, I would recommend that you consult with a constitutional law
litigator -- your law professors should be able to recommend you someone and
possibly encourage that person to take your case pro bono.

six, write very passionate letters to many major news organizations. Explain
your situation and ask if they would be interested in conducting an
interview with you.

I think those steps will make your request much more credible. Some will
ignore you, some will send you generic encouraging letters. You only need
one powerful voice to help you make your case. If a U.S Senator decides to
help, he will get others in his ranks to support your cause. Sometimes it's
possible to win these issues by changing public opinions rather than first
pursue legal proceedings. I would not recommend that you apply until you get
some support of some sort. Get on it right now -- don't wait until you pass
the bar.

Please note our new address.
Rod Alcidonis, Esq.
Alcidonis Law Office, LLC
2824Cottman Avenue
Suite 15
Philadelphia, PA 19149
Office: (215) 305-8085
Work: attorney at alcidonislaw.com
Listserv: lawoffice at alcidonislaw.com

We represent clients in the following legal matters: Divorce, Child
Custody, Personal Injury, Immigration, Real Estate Transactions.