[blindlaw] signatures, witnessing documents and closings

Gerard Sadlier gerard.sadlier at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 17:00:54 UTC 2012

hi all,
I have a few questions on which i would really value your advice!
1. Signatures
Am  i right in thinking that the  best  way of signing is  to learn to
do this using  the little signature card with the whole for the
signature?
Has anyone found a particular method  of doing this especially useful.
Has anyones signature been in issue in  a  contentious situation?
If so how did it end? Any pointers regarding this?
Or authority on the point?
Sorry this  is probably a very personal question to ask on  a list
like this but i am trying to cover every eventuality in advance.
2. Witnessing sealings or signatures
Have those of you who have  practiced  done this? Again any issues
arising from the fact that you didnt see the signature or sealinG? (i
am completely blind)
3. Closings
At closings we usually turn the pages of the execution versions of
documents with the other side to ensure that everything is correct
with the hard copy version which the client will sign. I am a little
concerned that this would pose problems for me, since i wont be able
to read the hard copy - what is the best solution? Scan the doc?
advice on these points really would be appreciated
Ger