[blindlaw] seeking help from a blind lawyer

Marina Cordova law at cordovaesq.com
Tue Jun 12 18:16:31 UTC 2012

Virginia,,
I am not local to your area, but I can refer you to two resources and post
your message on two listservs that can provide referrals to attorneys in
your area.

First, as Chuck mentioned contact your state president, local chapter
president, and see if there is a parents division in your area or at least
for California of the NFB.  I would call NFB national number 410-659-9314.
The national center will provide you the names and phone numbers for your
parents division, state president, and local chapter president.  They may
provide advocacy and very helpful information, but depending on their
resources and time, may not be able to provide legal services.

Second, look up the California state bar, and they may have a pro bono
(free) or reduced cost attorney referral service.

Finally, with your permission, I can post your message and email address on
two listservs, the American Bar Association (ABA) Family law listserv, and
ABA solo sez listserv.  You will get referrals for attorneys and possibly
someone that will work pro bono or reduce their fees.

Sincerely,
Marina A. Cordova
Attorney at Law
551 W. Cordova Road, # 234
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Office (505) 467-8395
Fax (505) 467-8746
PLEASE NOTE MY CHANGE OF EMAIL ADDRESS TO: law at cordovaesq.com

"Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need . . . Happy are the ones
faultless in [their] way, the ones walking in the law of Jehovah.   Uncover
my eyes, that I may look at the wonderful things out of your law."  Matthew
5:3; Psalms 119:1,18