[blindlaw] Information request

Rod Alcidonis, Esquire attorney at alcidonislaw.com
Sat Jun 23 22:14:02 UTC 2012

Ross

Have yu tried Google Scholar?

Rod Alcidonis, Esquire
Alcidonis Law Office
2824 Cottman Avenue
Suite 15
Philadelphia, PA 19149
Phone: (215) 305-8085
Work e-mail: attorney at alcidonislaw.com
Listserv: lawoffice at alcidonislaw.com

Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Doerr
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2012 4:31 PM
To: 'Blind Law Mailing List'
Subject: [blindlaw] Information request

Are there any  lawyers on the list in Louisiana who can help me with a
question that I have from a December 2011 decision handed down by the
Federal District Court for Louisiana's  Eastern District?
The case is EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION v. RESOURCES FOR HUMAN
DEVELOPMENT, INC. D/B/A/ FAMILY HOUSE OF LOUISIANA, SECTION "B"(2).
No. 10-3322.
This is a case that some of you may have heard of, decided in December of
2011, holding that Obesity is a disability under Title I of the ADA.
However, the Plaintiff passed away 11 months before the EEOC filed suit on
behalf of her estate. IE: After she filed her EEOC claim.
This is an employment, ADA Title I action, not wrongful death.
How did the EEOC have standing to file this sort of claim on behalf of the
claimant's estate?
The standing issue is the part that I'm trying to find out about - and
since I do not have access to WestLaw or Lexis, I'm hoping that someone on
the list can give me a hand here.
Thanks for any assistance.
Ross