[blindlaw] Thanksgiving

Ross Doerr rumpole at roadrunner.com
Wed Nov 21 21:21:50 UTC 2012

Good morning Augusta.

This morning it is partly cloudy with a High of 45F. Winds less than 5 mph.

Tonight it will remain Partly cloudy with Fog overnight. Low of 25F. Winds less than 5 mph.

The readings taken from my own weather instrumentation are:

A relative humidity of % with a Dew Point of ºF and a wind chill of º F.

The temperature is ºF.

Presently we have  South Southeast winds puffing between 2.5 MPH and 2.7 MPH.

Our Barometric pressure is 30.14/HPA 1020.6 and falling with a weather graphic indicating rain.

The UV rating is 0 out of 16, sunset will be at 4:06 PM with Moon Rise at 12:34 a.m. Eastern Standard Time, and the moon phase is waxing crescent.

For the pilots out there: Raw METAR is -

METAR KAUG 212053Z AUTO 36005KT 6SM BR OVC024 03/01 A3027 RMK AO2 SLP254 T00280011 53002

Visibility is 6.0 miles/9.7 Kilometers with overcast to 2400 ft / 731 m.

We have had no rain overnight in this area.

>From us up here in Maine to you and yours, have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow, enjoy the parades and football games, or whatever your chosen activity may be.

Also, as a reminder, don't forget that Thanksgiving begins at one minute after midnight, so remember to set your bathroom scale back 10 pounds before you go to bed tonight.

***

Holiday cooking/eating tips:

1. If you eat standing up, it won't go to your hips.

2. If it has been liquified, all of the calories are gone from it.

3. Chocolate really IS its own food group.

4. NEVER use a clothes dryer to thaw out a frozen turkey.

(that was from my wife - but hey, it gets thawed out, the meat is pre-tenderized and if you take it out of the dryer right when the cycle is done, there are no unsightly wrinkles on it and it is ready to just pop into the oven. Besides, if you close the door to the laundry room during the "thawing cycle", the noise isn't all that bad - not only that, nobody will be able to see the dents on the inside of the dryer anyway.

(Rachel Ray, eat your heart out)