[blindlaw] Labelliing Documents

Russ Thomas rthomas at emplmntattorney.com
Sat Nov 24 19:05:16 UTC 2012

I use a date, client, and description format to save files:
Example:
2012 11 21 (Marks) Appellant Opening Brief

If you use Microsoft word, you would create a folder in the name of the
client. In that folder I keep a correspondence, pleadings, documents and
drafts folder.

When I save any entry, I use the same date, client and description format.

Once an item is finished, (ready for filing with a court or to be sent to a
client) the corresponding item is deleted from the drafts folder.

In the date part of the file name make sure you use a two digit number for
the month - July = 07. As you add to the folder, word will automatically
place each item in date order.