[blindlaw] binders = Schedule A? (a nonpartisan question)

William T. Miller william_t_miller at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:41:14 UTC 2012

Theoretically there is a process similar to the "binders" mentioned in the
last presidential debate: Schedule A. I'm curious if this list feels that
schedule A is an effective process? My understanding of Schedule A is that
disabled candidates for federal positions can post for jobs before they are
posted publicly and, if qualified, the hiring manager may hire them
noncompetitively. However, I don't understand how disabled job candidates
are supposed to know of potential jobs before they are posted to the public.
If disabled candidates have no way of knowing what Schedule A opportunities
exists, then how can he or she take advantage of the program? I'm definitely
no expert on this topic, so if anyone on the list can correct me and explain
how one applies for a specific position as a Schedule A candidate, please
enlighten me.
Thank you,

Will Miller