[blindlaw] Internet Explorer Crashing with Westlaw Next

Marina Cordova law at cordovaesq.com
Sun Oct 28 00:35:04 UTC 2012

Tai,
How are you?  Its been so many years since I saw you at convention!  Yes,
when I used JAWS with Westlaw Next I had all sorts of problems, and westlaw
was no help what so ever. Have the problems been for all of westlaw or just
westlaw next?

I would suggest making sure you have the most updated JAWS and Internet
Explorer (IE).  All three programs also demand a high end sound card,
graphics card, and memory and processor.  The computer industry keeps making
everything so graphical its difficult for our accessibility software to keep
pace, but such components will help. Sometimes Freedom Scientific will help
with technical problems and make settings appropriate for certain programs.

Also, if you have windows XP it only allows Internet Explorer 8, but will
not allow the most recent version of IE, which could be a problem in using
westlaw next. I cant even use JAWS right now, because my system kept
crashing, and I have all the above mentioned.  I upgraded to windows 7 last
year, and use the built in magnifier.  I'm waiting for HP to come to the
house Monday to replace the system board and processor in my computer.  I
also use Lexis now. (I also don't look forward to Windows 8 just released).
Wish I could be of more help!

Sincerely,
Marina A. Cordova
Attorney at Law