[blindlaw] Scanning and document conversion recommendations

Johnston withat at msn.com
Thu Sep 13 06:26:06 UTC 2012

FWIW, I use a Canon CanoScan scanner.  It is about the size of a laptop pc.
I use an old version of Kurzweil 1000, and it meets my needs.  At the time
of my purchase of K1000, it had the ability to turn on and off the
recognition of columns.  Open Book did not have such a function back then,
which made my purchase decision.  I wouldn't be surprised if this difference
no longer existed.  Otherwise, the recognition quality seemed the same.
Good luck.  OCR of printed material is a very valuable tool.

Jay in Portland