[blindlaw] CMS Reporting for Personal Injury

Zachariah M zmayfarth23 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 18:48:47 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I want to first thank you for taking the time to read this.

I am legally blind resident of Texas, I was injured on 7/14/2012 and was
contacted by the insureds company.  I filed all paper work and received my
check today for medical expenses.  Along with the check, I was provided a
form to fill out for CMS reporting.  As I receive SSDI, the insurance
representative claims I cannot be the sole payee.  I started receiving SSDI
on or about April 2011, and as such, am not eligible for Medicare or
Medicaid for 24 months after my first SSDI payment.    My question is this:
As I am not eligible for Medicare/Medicaid benefits, how do I go about
asking the insurance company to reissue the check as I am not currently
receiving nor eligible for Medicare/medicaid benefits?  My apologies if I
am redundant.

Thank you all very much for your thoughts.

-Zachariah