[blindlaw] LSAT Accommodations

N D devinenora at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 17:20:41 UTC 2012

Hi Jordan,

There is a suit right now in federal court in California dealing with
LSAC's discriminatory accommodation practices. The U.S. Department of
Justice (DOJ) recently made a motion to intervene in the case and also
filed a strong amicus condemning LSAC's burdensome and retaliatory
accommodation policies as discriminatory.
Here are a few links about the case and the DOJ's position:
http://www.jdjournal.com/2012/09/07/u-s-government-finds-lsat-is-discriminatory-doj-files-motion/
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2012/September/12-crt-1081.html
http://www.ada.gov/defh_v_lsac/lsac_complaint.html

I know you're probably busy studying for the test, but writing to your
local Civil Rights Office or even the DOJ Office of Civil Rights about your
experience with the LSAC and copying the LSAC in on the letter might not be
a bad idea. LSAC is in hot water right now and letting them know you also
know that might be useful in your appeal. The DOJ might also be interested
to hear from you.
Here is  link with information on how to file a complaint with the DOJ
Office of Civil Rights Disability Section.
http://www.justice.gov/crt/complaint/#two

Good luck with your appeal!

 Best Regards,

Nora Devine, J.D.