[blindlaw] A quick question

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 19 00:52:29 UTC 2013

In some states an escrow deposit is a deposit that a tenant would make in to
an escrow account in lieu of a rent payment while there is a dispute with a
landlord. The money is placed in to a bank account where it is held until
the matter is resolved if a claim was filed in court. It is usually done
when there are questions or disputes regarding habitability of premises or
where maintenance might not have been done in a timely manner. As I am not
an attorney and don't know the state where you reside I would recommend that
you consult with an attorney. If you are involved in a land lord-tenant
dispute there are services available to you through many legal aid programs.
You can also consult with your local bar association for referrals.
Chuck Krugman, MSW Paralegal
1237 P Street
Fresno ca 93721
5590-266-9237