[blindlaw] Announcements: 22 April and J.; 2 May; Nov. 2013

Norman, Gary C. (CMS/OSORA) Gary.Norman at cms.hhs.gov
Fri Apr 19 17:47:52 UTC 2013

Greetings:

This is to wish all of you well. Specifically, this is to encourage you to register for the below stated events. For all of these, discounted rates for students are available. As specifically is in relation to those matters hosted or organized by the Lyceum, discounted rates are also available to veterans.

1). Do note that, on 22 April, the next animal law symposium will occur at 519 West Fayette Street; Baltimore, Md.; Across from the bar association. After the symposium, some short remarks will be made in honor of the Mid-Atlantic Journal on L. and Public Policy. Speakers from the symposium are eligible to publish their remarks or presentations within the second issue of the Journal, which is now being compiled.

The morning panel on breed specific legislation will be compelling; and not only because I am facilitating. As part of the panel, the impact of breed specific legislation on service dogs will be discussed.

:)

Again, the Lyceum is honored to have received the support of the Maryland Bar foundation.

To bring the second issue to a reality, volunteer staff editors are needed.

2). On 2 May, the annual spring dinner of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the Md. State Bar Association will occur at 519 West Fayette Street; Baltimore, Md. At each annual dinner, the Chief Judge Bell Award is bestowed on a leader in dispute resolution. The Section will bestow this year's award on the current Executive Director of the Md. Conflict Resol. Office.

3). Save the date:  In November, 2013, the Lyceum will have its second dinner forum in partnership with the Museum of Maritime Pets. The next dinner forum will discuss access to the cultural arts. Two outstanding speakers (a representative from the Smithsonian and a representative from the Kennedy Ctr.) have been secured or confirmed.

4). By the annual meeting, a good friend and mentor of mine and I should have information about a twenty hour seminar on some form of animal disputes and mediation to announce.

5). This is to wish C.J. Bell a healthy and happy time of repose in his retirement from the Court.

Last night, I received a prestigious award from American University, Wash. College of L. I do want to thank my good friend and dearest colleague Deb for introducing me and presenting the award to me. There are truly some great students at Am. U. Pilot navigated with great skill and attractive gate. In short, I am pleased to be a notable public official with a disability, who is partnered with such great friends, including, those of the furry variety. Wash. College of L. should be commended for its encouragement of pro bono and public service.

In closing, for more information, do consult the website of the bar association at www.msba.org.

Sincerely,
Gary C. Norman, Esq. L.L.M.