[blindlaw] accessibility of USAJobs

Ronza Othman rothmanjd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 11:15:02 UTC 2013

Hi Deepa,

The only challenge I have with the site is the dynamic dropdown boxes.  Jaws
doesn't seem to like them, and it takes a long time to navigate them.
Specifically, when you have to select a set of job search criteria, such as
the agency.  Jaws tends to freeze there, and then I can't select a
sub-agency.  I ended up upgrading my RAM and that resolved the problem
somewhat.  I wonder if the site would be more accessible if they changed
this from a series of dependent dropdown boxes to another method.

The other challenge involves searching for positions and the list of job
series.  There are no headings on the page, and you can't easily skip over
all of those checkboxes.

Overall, I think USAJobs is a lot better than it used to be.

Thanks,
Ronza