[blindlaw] ABA List Service Comment on Bar Assoc. Access

Norman, Gary C. (CMS/OSORA) Gary.Norman at cms.hhs.gov
Fri Aug 30 12:23:14 UTC 2013

Greetings:

I received this interesting missive exchange on the list service of the ABA Commission on Disabilities. The exchange discusses bar association access. There is a need, as Josh and I have proposed in the past, to do various forms of training within the legal profession on disability access, including, the judiciary. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Gary

Without giving legal advice, the short answer to your question is going to be yes either under title II or title III of the ADA. That is, State Bars do have to reasonably accommodate a qualified person with a disability.

Bill