[blindlaw] writing JAWS Scripts for CT Summation IBlaze 3.0

Michael S. Nunez michael.steven.n at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:17:10 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

I write this email to encourage members of this list to contact DoItBlind,
http://doitblind.com/, to write JAWS scripts for CT Summation IBlaze 3.0.
My office uses the CT Summation iBlaze 3.0 software for managing discovery.
This software is not very accessible with JAWS, and as far as I know, there
are no JAWS scripts for Summation.

I recently contacted DoItBlind, a JAWS script developer, to ask that they
write JAWS scripts for Summation iBlaze 3.0. To provide a bit of
background, DoItBlind wrote the popular Blind Tunes scripts for Apple’s
iTunes software. DoItBlind expressed interest in writing scripts for
Summation.

I encourage others on this list who work in offices that use CT Summation
iBlaze 3.0 to contact DoItBlind to encourage them to write scripts for
Summation. If DoItBlind receives more requests for Summation JAWS scripts,
they will see that there is a market for such scripts and will be more
inclined to write them. I also encourage others on this list to contact
Access Data Group, the company that markets Summation, to encourage them to
improve accessibility in future releases of summation.

Also, if you know of another developer who is well suited to developing
scripts for summation, please let me know. I would like to have other
script developer contacts in case DoItBlind decides not to script Summation.

Best,

Michael

-Michael S. Nunez

Wolinsky Fellowship Attorney