[blindlaw] Questions about universities in the US

Adam Zimmerman adam.zimmerman719 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 19:06:46 UTC 2013

Marco,

Certainly a good question. With an LLM the rank of the law school matters far less than it does for a JD. I base that statement on my background as a legal recruiter working externally with large firms prior to law school. I attended Suffolk University Law School in downtown Boston which has a highly regarded international LLM program though the law school is ranked in the third tier by US News. I had a lousy undergrad experience with respect to accommodations for students with visual disabilities at a prestigious liberal arts school that does not have a law school and I was thoroughly amazed at the quality and attentiveness of the Office of Disability Services at Suffolk Law provided. I could not have asked for better partners in my legal education. They went above and beyond on a regular basis to ensure I had all my books in digital format and worked with me to deal with any concerns professors might have had. As a result of Suffolk Law's experiences with me as a law student I am proud to say they have had at least one blind or visually impaired student matriculated in every graduating class from 2010 to the present 1L class of 2015.

I hope that's helpful.

Adam B. Zimmerman, Esq.

Sent from my iPhone